I just wanted to put down a couple ideas / suggestions for new additional QMX modules.
Customer self ordering - using tablet / device from venue
- Really just like the POS screen but locked down
- Basic functionality would be waiter takes tablet and logs in, enters table (optional number of guests, etc.) then it enters "locked down mode", hands to customer
- Customer can browse menu with images, descriptions, ingredients
- Send to kitchen printer, view current orders placed and status, request cancellation of orders (possibly if prep not started it's ok, or need authorisation if prep started - goes well with kitchen display).
- Customer request bill
- Potential for table side payment by linking directly to PayPal, Stripe or similar payment gateway - could be quite straightforward since via web.
Customer self ordering - using customer's own device
I think there is a lot of potential with this and it can be priced differently. It could also be wrapped into a native app to run on a mobile device. I've seen a few companies coming up with this sort of functionality, in the UK including McDonald's.
- Similar as above, but would mean either web accessible or local over wifi
- Customer uses own device, but needs to have a means to start order - I was thinking QR code stickers on each table to scan but need to come up with a method to prevent misuse (storing URL then placing orders when not at venue)
Driver web app
This would need QMX to be web accessible. Let delivery drivers access order details on their smartphone. Again, this could be priced differently - there are a few offerings for this online like Tookan that charge on a per delivery basis, but it could be just a one-off or even hosted service (I would be happy to discuss how we could provide a hosted service). The main thing is QMX already got the SambaPOS integration side sorted.
- Enable viewing of orders
- Driver login (from deliverers entity - like setup by custom delivery management config task / gloria food integration)
- Driver sees all orders linked to them, can update status, etc.
- Link with Google Maps and external Google Maps app to provide driving directions.
- Could link with third party APIs to provide best route suggestions based on all current deliveries - there are some services providing API which could be used on the free plan, like RouteXL.
- Could link with payment API to enable use with mobile card terminals for accepting payment from customers - e.g. iZettle, SumUp. For UK, we can even use with Payment Sense, which we already use with SambaPOS - would be a separate integration but the Cloud Connect integration using Rest API or WebSockets is relatively straightforward.
- Provide remote tracking of drivers via GPS from their device (I think this is still possible if permission given to a web app?)
EDIT: Forum won't let me edit to add links later - Payment Sense Cloud Connect API https://docs.connect.paymentsense.cloud/